Saturday, December 26, 2009

Finals!

I feel like I was in a hole for about 2.5 weeks. Besides when my family visited, I was pretty much holed up and studying from the 5th until the 19th. I had finals on the 10th, 11th, 15th and 19th. My first was psychology. And I read the book, took notes and studied. I did pretty okay on that exam. My second exam was Operations Management. It was not a very good exam…difficult and all. The exam was actually not well written at all. I was pretty surprised that the instructor didn’t proofread or have someone else proofread his exam paper. I felt as though I spent a significant amount of time just trying to decipher the questions as opposed to thinking of the correct answer. The average was pretty low and I beat the average so that was good. I didn’t do as well as I would have liked but I ended up with an okay grade.

After my first two finals, I started studying for my next two exams because my family was going to visit. It was pretty hectic and I don’t think I studied and understood as much as I would have liked but I ended up doing okay. My globalization studies exam was a little bit ridiculous and I wasn’t too pleased with it. I felt as though the professor was simply trying to test the most obscure parts of the course and not the overall theme. Overall, I didn’t like that class and the final simply confirmed that fact.

My finance final was absolutely evil, as I expected but I was too ecstatic to be done with my UST classes to care so much. I cannot wait to get back to OSU. Its going to be amazing. Overall, I was not happy with my classes at UST. I felt as though it was less about learning and understanding and more about how to get the grade. My finance class was ridiculous and the professor did not make up her own slides but simply used publisher’s slides and was not available for questions. My globalization professor did not know what she was talking about and essentially ran out of the classroom as soon as class was over. She did not answer questions and every time you asked questions she was more and more condescending. The only class that I really did enjoy was my Personality Psychology class because the professor was absolutely amazing. You could just tell that she was really into what she was talking about and really, really wanted to make sure that she got the importance of psychology across to her students. She drove home the point that she was always available for questions and comments and that is definitely something that I really appreciate.

0 comments: