Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thanksgiving!

I originally wasn’t planning on doing a whole lot for Thanksgiving because I had a whole lot of work to do in terms of papers and studying but in the end, Sumana told me that she and Eddric were going out to a vegetarian restaurant for dinner in Causeway Bay so I decided that I wanted to spend the holiday with friends instead of with my books (always a good choice). We went to a restaurant (the name escapes me right now) but ordered a multitude of different dishes including vegetables, a spaghetti-esque dish, potatoes, and lotus paste dumplings (Yummm).

I had asked for water but they didn’t have any so they gave me chilled coconut water…in a coconut. I was so ecstatic. It was absolutely delicious and I could totally go for another one right about now…but I am in the US while I am writing this and that’s just not possible anymore.

After dinner, Sumana, Eddric and I walked around the mall a little bit and then headed back to Choi Hung, parted ways and Sumana and I headed back to campus.

I spent a little more than I was expecting but it was totally worth it. A bunch of other people went to a restaurant called Fat Angelos in SOHO to have a full blown Thanksgiving Dinner. Since I don’t eat meat I decided I wouldn’t go there but I heard that it was quite delicious.

Even though its Christmas time as I am writing this, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday full of family, friends and thanks.

0 comments: