Sunday, September 13, 2009

Do you think that Alumni care about Football?

After arriving back to campus pretty late last night, I was pretty not happy about getting up at 7am to get to Wan Chai to watch the OSU-USC game. I was really excited for the game, not the time. Diana and I met up at one of the dorms to grab a taxi to a bar in Wan Chai area, where the Alumni had decided that we were going to watch the game. Kyle and Evan (fellow OSU students), decided that they were going to take the MTR to get there so it was just Diana and I making our way over there. Even though, they left before us we still made it to Nana Banana before them.

When the taxi pulled up to Nana Banana, we could see an OSU flag hanging outside of the bar. It was so exciting. For some reason, I just felt so incredibly comforted by the fact that there was an OSU flag outside a window. Definitely a new feeling for me, since I have arrived in this hustling and bustling city.

We went inside and we were greeted by an O-H and I just felt the energy and the excitement and even though it was 8am, I was ready for this game. The game was pretty awesome in terms of most of the opportunities that OSU created..not so much the closure (or lack there of) that we had. Everyone was hyped up-there were probably close to 25 people watching the game, screaming in Canto and in English and "awwing" at the amazing view of 106,033 people in The Shoe, all dressed in Scarlet. I can't tell you how much I felt like being in that stadium right in that moment, when the entire stadium was pumped up and dancing around and screaming and having a great time. I have never been to an OSU game and it looks like I am not going to get to go to a night game during my college career seeing that OSU has had two in the last two years. I bet that also would have been an experience I would never forget.. I wish I could have teleported to OSU for one night and then teleported back to Hong Kong to finish out the rest of my awesome experience. But I felt like that during the Steelers game as well and I am sure I am going to feel like that atleast a couple more times in the next 3ish months.

Anywho, we lost and then Kyle, Evan, Diana and I came back to UST where I proceeded to take a nap and then come online. Now here we are. Back to the daily grind tomorrow...oh boy.

0 comments: