Friday, September 4, 2009

Nothing too terribly exciting

I don't have classes on Friday so I have a feeling that I am going to be doing alot of sleeping in. Last night (Thursday night), Sumana (Northeastern), Ben (Minnesota) and I went down to sit on a ledge that over looks this rocky beach area around high tide. I can't even describe to you how amazing it is to even have access to a beach at all let alone on campus. Its just crazy to think that I could be going to school right next to the sea. Amazing.

I ran a couple errands around campus and a couple of us ended up eating at this bistro that had a pretty decent buffet. They western and eastern food. They had a bunch of different types of mousse and chocolate fondue as well. Delicious. It was a little bit pricey but that may have been the first legitimate meal that I have had on campus as of yet. Definitely a nice change.

Anywho, we had a Hall dinner thing today so I got to meet a lot more people from around the hall. Everyone seems really nice, hopefully they continue to be nice over the course of the semester.

In the evening, Sumana and some Singaporeans that we met went to check out Kowloon area. We ended up walking around a mall here and all of the stores were definitely really high end. Not my kind of style, for sure. They had some cool stuff but I feel weird coming all the way here to shop in a mall so I didn't get anything.

Tomorrow the School of Business has set up some sort of program with our assigned buddies. So we are going to Stanley Market/the beach and then we are going to go up to go up to Victoria Peak and then we are free to go whereever we would like. I think a bunch of us were thinking of going to Mong Kok to see if we can buy books from there and then to check out the markets (yay for bargaining!). Hopefully, I get some good night shots from that area and then once I post the pictures, I'll let you all know!

Hope all is well!
Goodnight!

0 comments: