Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Swimming, Studying and Bargain Shopping!

Sunday passed without any major happenings. I went to the library and got some studying done and ate dinner with Sumana, a Sweed named Richard and a couple guys from Minnesota (Ben and Vinny) and Chris (local). We had dinner and Ben was telling Sumana and I about their Saturday adventures when they went camping on an island with a bunch of other exchange students. It sounded like a really fun time.

After dinner we went swimming at the outdoor pool. It was a full moon and it was such a beautiful night with warm water and the lights from the buildings in the background. So nice. I felt like I was at a resort and not on a college campus but I have gotten that feeling a lot since being here.

Monday began my classes again and I was definitely not ready to go back to the daily grind so after classes I went swimming again and then Sumana, Sungwon (S. Korea) and I went into Mong Kok to get goggles, a beach towel and sunglasses. Bargain shopping is so fun. I really wish we had more bargain markets in the US because I definitely had so much fun negotiating prices with the ladies that worked in each stall.

Sumana bargained for our sunglasses and I bargained for the beach towel and a wallet that I really liked. The lady wanted 150 a piece for our sunglasses and Sumana got her down to 80 for both of ours. A different lady wanted 160 for the wallet and I got her down to 45. She definitely was not happy which I guess is a good thing for me? But I felt a little guilty about it.

We had a fun time in the city and came back to campus and had lunch at the coffee shop with Ray (Penn) and started studying again for classes.

Tuesday and Wednesday haven't been that exciting I have been trying to catch up in my readings and also enjoy myself as well.

Today, Ben, Vinny (Minnesota), Ray, Sumana and I are going into town to see if we can find a travel agent that we can find a deal with so we can travel to maybe Vietnam or Thailand or something. I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks for keeping up, if you are. I hope all of you are doing well!

Miss you!
Neesha

0 comments: